By Laws of the Chattanooga Speculative Fiction Fans, Inc.
- The name shall be the Chattanooga Speculative Fiction Fans, Inc.
- The purpose of this organization is the promotion of appreciation of literature through the advancement of speculative fiction.
- The Board of Trustees shall consist of a minimum of five (5) and up to a maximum of nine (9) natural persons. The chairman of Chattacon shall be an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees.
- The selection of a trustee shall be determined by the existing Board of Trustees. Determination will be made after evaluation of letters of interest submitted to the Board of Trustees.
- Terms of office shall be for three (3) years with a limit of three (3) consecutive terms. After a minimum absence of one (1) year a letter of interest may be submitted.
- In the event of a vacancy on the Board of Trustees, the remaining Trustees shall select a person to complete the term.
- The Board of Trustees shall maintain oversight of all events and activities, including but not limited to, Chattacon.
- Offices of the Board of Trustees shall be President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- The Board of Trustees shall have the responsibility of determining the policies for the 501(c)(3) organization.
- For reporting purposes the fiscal year shall end June 30th.
- The Annual Meeting shall be held during the month of July.